1. EAT BREAKFAST: Get up and get your metabolism going. When you skip breakfast your blood sugar, insulin and energy levels stay low and therefore you are not burning body fat or performing at your best. If you feel like you don’t have time in the mornings to make a hot breakfast like eggs and oatmeal then grab an AdvoCare Meal Replacement Shake and go, its probably the most balanced meal you will have all day!
3. EAT A HEALTHY SNACK BETWEEN MEALS: What? You want me to eat MORE food to lose weight? Yep, that’s right. Help keep your hunger at bay and therefore your will power in check by having a healthy snack between meals today. Be sure to have a protein/fat/healthy carbohydrate for your snack such as an apple, boiled egg, and almonds together. You can also have half an AdvoCare Meal Bar or an AdvoCare Snack Bar.
4. SWAP OUT A SPARK FOR YOUR SODA: Start reducing sugar by having anAdvoCare Spark instead of your regular soda today. I can tell you from experience that this former Dr. Pepper addict lost 5 pounds alone by putting down my DP and having a Spark instead. It works!
5. DON’T GET DESSERT: I know its obvious, but say no to dessert, sweets, and sugar today. If you still feel hungry after your meal or you are still craving a little something, first of all drink a glass of water and wait 5 minutes. If you are still hungry have a little more protein and wait another 5 minutes to see how you really feel in your tummy (not your head) and if you are indeed still a little hungry then go for a piece of fruit and a few nuts.
6. CHOOSE VEGETABLES INSTEAD OF BREAD OR POTATOES: This one change will not only give you more micronutrients from the vegetables, but you’ll get more fiber and a smaller insulin spike which will help you BURN fat instead of MAKE fat.
7. GET YOUR WORKOUT IN OR SIMPLY GO FOR A WALK: If you have a regular workout routine or a gym membership, GO! No excuses just get it done, you won’t regret it. If you are having a hard time getting motivated to workout, or you don’t have a place to train, go for a walk after lunch or dinner. Just go, don’t worry about how far or how long, it can be a 10 minute walk around the block that’s great, just get out and move. If you are ready to take the next step consider getting theAdvoCare CanYou24 DVD series they are scaled for all levels and will give you a great workout in 24 minutes.
8. DRINK ADVOCARE OASIS INSTEAD OF YOUR EVENING GLASS OF WINE: If you normally sit down in the evening with a glass or two of wine or a cocktail consider swapping that out tonight for a cup of green tea or an AdvoCare Oasis drink. You’re looking for relaxation and a little stress relief, I know and I totally get it! AdvoCare Oasis is loaded with polyphenols and antioxidants which is exactly what you need to reduce stress, and relax without the calories of alcohol that you don’t need right now. Alcohol also will prevent you from getting the deep sleep you need as well.
9. EAT A BEDTIME SNACK: What? More snacking? I thought I wasn’t supposed to snack especially at bedtime??? Not necessarily so. If you eat your dinner early, say around 6pm and then don’t go to bed until 10-11pm that’s a long time to go without any nutrition. Your body will need a small healthy snack to keep your insulin in check and therefore help you BURN body fat while you sleep. Psychologically you will also have an advantage at dinner time and keep it under control knowing you still get to eat one more time before bed. Give yourself every advantage to succeed by having regular meals and snacks planned so you don’t get too hungry and totally blow it. You can repeat your earlier snack from the day, or have some leftover dinner, or have an AdvoCare Snack Bar.
10. GO TO BED EARLY: The average adult needs 7-8 hours of sleep per night to be fully rested and if you are working out or an athlete you need 9+ hours for your body to repair and recover. In reality we are getting 4-6 hours which is a sad amount of sleep and no where near what we need. Here’s the deal and maybe this will be the one thing you change today after you read this: you will not lose weight if you’re not getting enough sleep. When we are sleep-deprived our cortisol and stress levels actually increase which is counterproductive to weight loss. There’s a lot of research out there on the psychology of sleep and what we need to do to get a good night’s sleep but I’ll sum it up and let you know what works for me: have a routine at bedtime, take a hot bath or shower, no TV or screen of any before bed, if you read it should be an actual book or a device that simulates paper, your bedroom should be dark and cool, and if your’e still having trouble falling and staying asleep look into AdvoCare Sleep Works its an herbal sleep aid with melatonin.
Change ONE THING today and be successful! You’ll be surprised how easy it will be to keep going and to build new habits that will get you closer to your goals!